Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Explanation

Yes. I know, I know. This blog has turned from general pop culture into announcements for J pop / J rock artists in between episodes of The Shockedelic Radio Show. I'll try to rectify this in the new year. It's just that, well, everybody talks about movies these days and it's becoming less and less worthwhile to write about films with all of these self professed "Critics" around. It just seems everyone who has an opinion on movies only wants to write about how vital their views on current film are and they do it while showing how clever they are with pop culture references. I don't want to be one of those people and I really haven't been in the mood to write something worth writing, so I guess it's going to be what my favorite artists (Western and Eastern) are doing these days until I can move past this funk. I can't even bring myself to do a year end list. Crap, getting older sucks.

In the mean time, here are some YouTube Videos to keep y'all riveted. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

Let's start off with the latest single from Morningwood's "Diamonds and Studs" album:


Next, a great single from Japan's Scandal. "Shoujo S":


Superfly fronts Big Brother and Holding Company at Legends of Woodstock 2009:


Focus Live with an incredible version of "Hocus Pocus":


Of course, P.I.S.S. Will Never Go To School:


Cracker came back ferociously this year with a new single, "Yalla Yalla":


Hitomi Takahashi and the Beat Crusaders whip up some wonderful
pop confectionery with "Wo Ai Ni" (Song begins a 1:34):


Shaka Labbits with their latest single, "Roller Coaster":


Kimura Kaela's "Hot Pepper" CM was a viral hit this past year:


American gibberish as Italian funk. "Prisencolinensinainciusol":

No comments: